A mid-sized crossbody tote with front zippered pocket, back slip pocket, zip top closure and reinforced base. This will be your go-to bag for everyday use! The handy short handles make for easy grabbing and the crossbody keeps you hands free! This bag is great for traveling and is perfect for keeping organized. You’ll love this tote!
- front zippered pocket
- top zipper for keeping everything secure
- back slip pocket
- interior slip pocket
- crossbody adjustable strap
- short handles for easy grab and go
- reinforced base!
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner/Intermediate
+ Approx. Finished Dimensions: 10 ½” wide (measured at base), 2 ½” deep, 13” tall
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric. Fat quarter = 18” tall x 21” wide
- 1/2 yard Exterior Fabric (two fat quarters may be used)
- 1/3 yard Accent Fabric (includes Reinforced Base, Handles, and Strap)
- 1 yard (¾ yard if using non-directional fabric) Lining Fabric
- 2 1/2 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- (1) 6" zipper* for front pocket
- (1) 12" zipper for top closure
Also Needed: Our Redwood Tote Kit* or all of the following:
- (2) 1”-wide d-rings, (2) 1”-wide swivel clasps AND (1) 1”-wide strap slider
- 2” x 11” piece of heavyweight interfacing for Reinforced Base (Pellon Peltex 72F or equivalent recommended)
*Our Redwood Tote Kit includes leather for straps, handles and zipper pulls as well as rivets, all hardware, and Peltex for the base!
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (7-9 oz. weight) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for Accent and Lining.
**Waxed canvas may also be used for exterior fabric, reduce fusible interfacing requirement to 1 ¾ yards and do not interface the exterior fabric pieces.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, glue pen (Sewline glue pen is my favorite), (optional) two ¾”-wide x 15" leather handles and eight 8mm rivets/setting tool, (optional) two ¼” x 5” pieces of leather/ribbon for zipper pulls
(*pattern assumes zipper tape width of 1”)
Photos and Info Courtesy: Noodlehead